Well folks, the show's over. At least until the heat of mid-July infiiltrates the hearts and minds of players young and younger in Green Bay, WI. The draft has come to a close, and the Packers step away from it in a very different position than they entered it. As of Friday, Aaron Rodgers and Craig Nall were IT. If Rodgers went down, Nall would go in. If Nall went down.... there was not end to that sentence. It's not so now. Not one, but TWO Quarterbacks share in the grave misfortune with Rodgers that is following Brett Favre. Brian Brohm, formerly of Louisville, and Matt Flynn, formerly of LSU, are the two quarterbacks whom Ted Thompson has given the responsibility of feuling young Rodgers to greantess. Here is a complete listing of the Packers 2008 Draft Class.. starting with.. Jordy who?
- Round 2, Pick 36- WR Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
- Round 2, Pick 56- QB Brian Brohm, Louisville
- Round 2, Pick 60- CB Patrick Lee, Auburn
- Round 3, Pick 91- TE Jermichael Finley, Texas
- Round 4, Pick 102- DE Jeremy Thompson, Wake Forest
- Round 4, Pick 135- OG Josh SItton, Central Florida
- Round 5, Pick 150- OT Breno Giacomini, Louisville
- Round 7, Pick 209- QB Matt Flynn, LSU
- Round 7, Pick 217- WR Brett Swain, San Diego State
Well that about does it. Now it's up to the brilliant *cough cough* minds of Ted Thompson and his cohorts to put it together. I have my faith in Mike McCarthy, personally.
From Radio City Music Hall, in downtown New York City, I'm out!